Annual General Meeting, 2012
Original report updated to include accepted volunteers for committee positions left vacant at the Annual General Meeting.
The Association's AGM was held on Sunday, 25 November 2011 at the clubhouse of Medway Archers.
The following is only intended to cover a brief outline of the main matters and not necessarily in the order they occurred; please do not think of this account as being in any way an official record of the meetings (minutes of the meetings will be circulated in the normal manner).
The treasurer reported a surplus for the year of £2121.28, following last year's significant deficit. While income continues to fall as the SCAS transitional arrangements for the ArcheryGB membership administration commission tail off, we have now brought almost all tournament equipment up to standard, with only a few minor replacements yet to be made.
The committee continues to keep administrative costs to a minimum, especially by the use of email to replace costly printing and postage.
No changes were proposed for the coming year.
The meeting agreed to award Margaret Barrett Honorary Membership for all the work she has done over a great many years, starting as an Ordinary Member of the committee, then later as county Records Officer and Secretary, but also her support of the county team at matches and helping at many of the tournaments we run. It was apparent from the reception that she received, that Margaret is widely loved and appreciated!
We welcome four new members:
- Tony Andrews (Swan Archers), who kindly volunteered to try out the very important role of Secretary,
- Mark Gowing (Castle Moat & Folkestone Bowmen), who agreed to act as the third SCAS Representative,
- Lisa Kenyon (Sittingbourne Community College AC), who has taken on organising the Target Championship,
- Sophia Andrews (Swan Archers), who kindly volunteered at the December committee meeting to act as Development Officer and Deputy CPO.
and Derrick Lovell, who previously served as Chairman.
It is disappointing that we were unable to fill the vacant position of Development Officer again this year and one Ordinary Member position remained unfilled, so the Operational Committee now has the right to decide how to fill them. The posts of Development Officer and Deputy CPO were subsequently filled at the committee meeting on 10 December 2012. But on the bright side, we currently have fewer vacancies than at the same point last year!
If anyone is willing to volunteer to fill any remaining vacancy, please contact the county chairman.
|President||Derrick Lovell||Bowmen of Woodstock||(elected for a 3-year term)|
|Chairman||Bob Beaney||Ashford Archers|
|Secretary||*||Tony Andrews||Swan Archers|
|Treasurer||Mark Davis||Crystal Palace Bowmen|
|Development Officer||*||Sophia Andrews||Swan Archers||(volunteered and accepted at December committee meeting)|
|Records Officer||Tony Henwood||Ferryfield Bowmen|
|County Captain||Peter Dallas||Swan Archers|
|Child Protection Officer||Mark Davis||Crystal Palace Bowmen|
|T/O Target Championship||*||Lisa Kenyon||Sittingbourne Community College AC|
|T/O FITA Tournament||vacant|
|T/O Longbow Championship||Neil Turville||Gravesend Archers|
|T/O Field Championship||Trish Lovell||Bowmen of Woodstock|
|T/O Clout Tournament||Bob Gawler||Thanet Archery Club|
|T/O Indoor Championship||delegated||Ashford Archers|
|T/O Disability Tournament||Adam Kenyon||Sittingbourne Community College AC|
|SCAS Representative||Bob Beaney||Ashford Archers|
|SCAS Representative||Neil Dimmock||Direct Member|
|SCAS Representative||*||Mark Gowing||Castle Moat & Folkestone Bowmen|
|Team Selection Panel Member||Michael Walton||Medway Archers|
|Ordinary Member||Mike Higgins||Crystal Palace Bowmen|
|Deputy Child Protection Officer||*||Sophia Andrews||Swan Archers||(volunteered and accepted at December committee meeting)|
* - indicates a welcome new addition to the committee.
The Informal Discussion
This is the meeting that replaces the "AOB" that used to be part of the AGM. It is informal insofar as it has no specific agenda, but notes of the discussion are recorded and any outstanding issues are taken to the next Operational Committee meeting for action.
Neil Dimmock brought two matters to the meeting's attention:
- ArcheryGB are seeking feedback on proposals for modernising their membership system. The proposals include changes to the membership categories offered, the way in which payment would be made and an end to the 'universal membership year'. Members are asked to carefully consider the consultation document and provide feedback to ArcheryGB by 13 January 2013. (It would be helpful if you would copy your feedback to the KAA, so that we are aware of membership opinions.)
- This year will see the 100th Southern Counties Archery Meeting (SCAM) and a Reunion Dinner will be held on 26 October 2013 for anyone who has ever attended the Meeting. Further information about the Meeting and the Reunion Dinner is available from the SCAS website.